Shuaib Iqbal Nazir
MBA(MIS), BE(Computer Systems), PMP, MCP, ITIL
A qualified and experienced IT professional with 16 years of proven experience in Software Architecture, System Analysis and Design, Bespoke Application Development, Project Implementation, Technical Support and Team leadership. A dedicated professional with expertise in heterogeneous IT environments, having the capacity of achieving set goals within the parameters of cost, time, quality and effective resource utilization.
Dubai Municipality, Government of Dubai, UAE
Nov 2006 – till now (Around 8 years)
Dubai Municipality is the provider of municipal and civic services in Dubai. I am working as a Senior Systems Analyst in IT Department. Over more than 7 years long career, following are some of the systems and projects that I have worked on, with focus on my roles and Responsibilities:
- Business Intelligence Reports: Designed, Developed and maintained BI Reports for multiple systems being used in Dubai Municipality using Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition (OBIEE). The systems include:
- Customer Relationship Management (CRM) – A Siebel Module
- Rent Committee Case Management System (RCCMS) – A Siebel Module
- Fines Repository System (FRS) – Custom Implementation
- General Inspections and Fines System (GIAFS) – Custom Implementation
- SmartInspector: Prepared the business case as well as design and architecture for development of a new module for smart devices to perform inspections for Dubai Municipality. Also managed development cycle of the application. This tablet-friendly module is developed in ASP.NET MVC using HTML5. It integrates with GIAFS at database level.
- iDubai Public Cleanliness Fines Module: iDubai is Dubai Municipality’s mobile application. I designed and developed integration module for iDubai, to interact with FinesRepository System. The module was developed using Microsoft Windows Communication Foundation (WCF) web services architecture.
- GIAFS – General Inspections and Fines Solutions: System Administrator and Technical Consultant for Dubai Municipality’s comprehensive system, being used by Food Control, Public Health, Veterinary, Pest Control, Environment and Public Safety Departments.
- FinesRepository: System Administrator and Technical Support for Dubai Municipality’s Fines Repository System, being used by Markets, Environment, Drainage and Finance Departments.
- PRISM – Project Information System for Management: System Administrator and Technical Consultant for Dubai Municipality’s comprehensive ERP system for General Projects Department.
Emirates Information Systems, Sharjah, UAE
2004 – 2006 (2 years)
Emirates Information System (EmIS) was an IT services company. I worked for over two years as Solutions Architect, responsible for managing software development team and design and architecture of the systems. My projects included:
- Web-based Reconciliation and Reporting System: Etisalat required a comprehensive application that can help them reconcile electronic payments, between customers, banks and different departments of etisalat. My role was Technical team leader and Sys Ana (2006).
- i-Properties: Solution to manage multiple properties (real-estate), built using Microsoft .Net Framework 1.1 in Visual C# and ASP .Net, uses SQL Server 2000 at the backend (2006).
- i-Libraries: Comprehensive portal to centrally manage information as well as membership of all Public Libraries (under Dubai Municipality). Built on Microsoft .Net Framework (2005).
iEngineering Pakistan Pvt Ltd, Islamabad, Pakistan
(2002 – 2004)
- AASHTO’s NTPEP Data mine: Sponsored by AASHTO (USA). We developed a centralized data mine for Product Evaluation and Performance data for Pavement Marketing, Sign Sheeting and Structural Steel Coatings. Project was ASP based with features including Dynamic Graph Generation, Analysis Reports, Excel data Export and DCD based bulk data upload etc. (2004).
- LTPP Pavement: Provides an alternate method for designing of Rigid Pavements. The project is based on Microsoft’s .Net Framework and developed in ASP.Net. The web application allows the Engineers and Managers to modify the rigid pavement design to the site-specific conditions, materials, and traffic and design details. The project is based on Microsoft’s .Net Framework and developed in ASP.Net (2003).
- i-Collaboration Services: Provides internet based collaboration and communication system designed to boost on organization’s efficiency (2002).
Marriala Technologies, Islamabad, Pakistan
(2001 – 2002)
Marriala Technologies is Islamabad based technology provider. I worked as Project Manager and led a team of software professionals. My prjects included:
- Grouppk Product Registration & Licensing System: Grouppk has controlled licensing process of its products through an innovative technology that prevents the registered users to pirate the software products. Developed using Borland Delphi, PHP and MySQL (2002).
- eStore: A database-driven, customizable online store that can be plugged easily into any website. Store owner can manage the inventory of the store through admin interface developed in Cold Fusion, MySQL at backend and uses. Credit Card processing in handled through Link Port Exchange and Card Services (2001).
- Nekomedia Project Management System: Designed and developed for this California based Software Company Nekomedia Inc. builds in Cold Fusion, running on Linux; MySQL is used as backend database (2001).
- Lead Guard System: An enhanced system of management of sales leads and staff for a huge multi-office sales organisation. Developed in Cold Fusion running on Linux OS and MySQL database. Made with FuseBox technology. This application/website provides a complete control to 3-teired managerial grid to the company to communicate with their staff. Developed for US based client (2001).
Frobel’s Institute of Technology & Management, Islamabad, Pakistan
2001 – 2004 (Part time)
Forbel’s institute (previously Dr. A Q Khan institute) is affiliated with Sir Syed University of Engineering and Technology. I worked as part-time faculty member and taught 9 courses to BCS and MCS batches, including following:
- Advanced Web Based Applications Development
- Database Management Systems (Oracle)
- Theory of Automata
- Computer Applications in Business
Advanced Engineering Research Organisation (AERO), Islamabad, Pakistan
AERO is a semi government organization in Islamabad Pakistan. I started my IT career with this company as Software Engineer. I worked on following projects.
- Post Mission Debrief Assistant (PMDA): PMDA is 3D analysis/simulation software to study result of combat training missions. This software was developed as a support software of Aero star AV-12 GPS at AERO. This software won all best prizes in All Pakistan Software Competition. Developed in Microsoft Visual C++ using Win32 API and Direct X (1998).
- PMDA Bombless Range Rehearsal BLRR: This is an add-on module for PMDA. This module analyses the impact of missile (or bomb) trajectories after it is released form the aircraft (1998).
- Aerostar Life: This is support software developed for Aerostar AV-12 GPS, developed at Advanced Engineering Research Organisation (AERO) (1997).
- CBT System of F-6 Aircraft Fuel System: Developed for Pakistan Air force, a demonstration of Aircraft Fuel System. This software is a prototype for building complete Computer Base Training System for PAF aircrafts (1997).
Master of Business Administration
with specialization in Management Information Systems (MIS)
from Institute of Business Administration (IBA), Karachi, Pakistan
IBA is distinguished and regionally acclaimed business administration university. I have the honor of winning Gold Medal in Programming Languages category.
Bachelor in Engineering
in the field Computer Systems Engineering
from GIK Institute of Engineering Sciences and Technology, KPK, Pakistan
GIK Institute is a private research university. My 4 years graduation program included specialization in Computer Systems Engineering.
Project Management Professional (PMP)
Project Management Professional certification issued by Project Management Institute (PMI) since June 2010. PMP No 1347262.
Multiple Microsoft Certifications (Microsoft Certification Id: 7931261).
- Microsoft Specialist: Developing ASP.NET MVC Web Applications (2014)
- Microsoft Certified Professional: Querying Microsoft SQL Server 2012 (2013)
- Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist: Microsoft SQL Server 2008, Database Development (2011)
Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL)
ITIL Foundation level certified. (2008)
Professional and Educational Achievements
- Gold Medal in Programming Languages at Institute of Business Administration (IBA) for over all best performance in all programming languages courses, Karachi, Pakistan (2002).
- Over-All-Best Prize in the Professional Category in 9th All Pakistan Software Competition and Exhibition (Dr. A. Q. Khan Research Labs) (1998).
- 3rd Position in All Pakistan Software Competition (SOFTECH 96), project displayed: Graphic Interface for Network Utilities (GINU) (1996).
- Best of Pakistan in 2002 awarded by Spider Magazine (Pakistan’s Primer Internet Magazine). Awarded 3rd prize to my website www.IBAatWork.com (2002).
- Outstanding Student Award of the year 1996, awarded by IEEE for recognising the efforts for establishing and maintaining student branch of IEEE at GIK Institute (1997).
- Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition (OBIEE)
- Microsoft based Web Applications (ASP.NET MVC, HTML5, WCF, Web-APIs, C#)
- System Analysis, System Architecture Design, Industry Best Practices, OOP Concepts, UML
- Database Concepts (SQL Server, Oracle)